You don’t need to wait for the snow to have fun building a snowman with your kids. All you need to get the party started are a few materials and a big smile!
1. Cotton ball snowman
For the soft cotton ball snowman you will need: cotton, glue, 2 googly eyes, 3 buttons, a small sock, pipe cleaner, orange felt, black felt.
1. Roll three chunks of cotton into 3 small, medium and large balls. Glue them together with the big one as the base and the small one as a head.
2. Cut the margin of the sock into an approximate 1 inch wide piece and tie it where the small and medium cotton balls meet for a scarf. Cut the end of the sock to fit the small ball and glue it as as a hat.
3. Cut the pipe cleaner in half and glue the pieces on opposite sides of the middle ball. Glue the buttons between them.
4. Cut gloves and a triangle nose from the orange felt and a C shape out of the black felt. Glue the hands on the pipe cleaner pieces.
5. Glue the googly eyes. Glue the orange felt triangle and black felt C as the nose and mouth.
2. Light bulb snowman
Recycle a light bulb into an amazing decoration. You need: one spent light bulb, small orange felt, large piece of scrap fabric, glue, scissors, 6 inch long thick wire, black marker, sugar and white spray paint.
1. Spray the whole light bulb (except the screw end) with the white paint and immediately pour the sugar on the wet paint. Wait for it to dry.
2. Cut a 2″ x 3″ piece of fabric and wrap it around the screw end to make a hat. Fold a short section to form a cuff and glue the hat in place.
3. For the muff fold a small 1″ x 2″ piece of scrap fabric into half, fold it so you can glue the smaller sides together. Run the wire through it and fold at the ends of the muff. Glue the muff in front of the light bulb.
4. For the scarf cut a long strip out of the fabric and tie it around the snowman neck.
5. Cut a small triangle out of the orange felt and glue it as a nose. Draw the eyes with the black marker.
3. Funny-faced snowman
You need food markers, toothpicks, marshmallows.
1. Place 3 marshmallows on a toothpick.
2. Draw funny faces on the top marshmallow using the food markers. Decorate the remaining marshmallows with a scarf and buttons.
3. Your kid can ask family members and friends how are they feeling and make a personalized snowman for each. Have fun!