Rosemary is a tender perennial that you must have in your garden. Maybe you won’t consume a single sprig of it, but rosemary has a great fragrance and blue-green, needle like flowers that will make you want it in your garden.
Here are some instructions of how to grow rosemary if you’re living in a warm climate:
- You should buy fresh started plants if you want the best results for your rosemary plants. Buying seeds will slow the progress very much.
- Choose a spot that is sunny and in the afternoon has a little bit of shade. If you want to know how to grow rosemary plants than you should know that their favorite type of soil is with a pH of 6.5 to 7.0.
- Is easy for you to know how to grow rosemary plants if you pay attention to their conditions form the nursery were you bought them. You have to plant them at the same depth that they were at the nursery and leave at least a distance of 2 feet all around to have a good air circulation.
- After that you can use rosemary’s sprigs and leaves anytime you want and need.
Here are some instructions of how to grow rosemary if you live in a cooler climate:
- If you live in a cooler climate this is how to grow rosemary plants in your region. Buy grown plants from nursery to plant in your garden in early spring.
- The perfect start for them is in a clay pot of at least 12 inches deep and length with a lot of drainage holes.
- So maybe you’re wondering how to plant rosemary from this step forward. Well, the best soil for this plant is a mix of soil, similar with the cactus soil. And of course you will have to plant them at the same depth like they were at the nursery.
- Keep the plants for a while inside until the frost passes, and after this period you can move them outside.
- Moist the soil by watering it regularly, but not overwater.
- If you want to know how to plant rosemary successfully here’s a tip: water for minimum 2 days per week the plants with tepid water.
- After growing them successfully you can use entirely your new rosemary plants!
Tips and warnings
If you want to know how to plant rosemary and how to have this type of plant forever in your garden and to have a garden decoration, you have to know that is better not to move its’ spot after planting.
When you’re buying your plants you’d better consult an herb specialist.