So you’re a beginner in planting grass. Before you start researching the best electric lawn mowers, you should know that there are a few rules to follow if you want to have a beautiful lawn. Nevertheless, don’t worry, as this article will teach you everything in how to plant grass, so start reading these 5 easy steps:
- The first step in learning how to plant grass is to learn how to buy grass seeds that will make your lawn become amazing. You can start searching the internet and find out what is the opinion of the NTEP (National Turf Evaluation Program) and the results of their evaluation on quality grass seeds. This is the best thing that you should do before you choose the seeds if you want to have a greener and healthier lawn. Choose the best if you want the best.
- When it comes to learning how to plant grass for the first time, there are some steps that you have to follow, like: you will have to loosen the top 2 or 3 inches of soil and try to get rid of stones, sticks and others stuffs that cover the area. After that, you will have to make some holes bigger than a half dollar. In learning how to plant grass, it is vital to know that a fine soil won’t help you. Water enough the soil after seeding and don’t forget to fertilize it.
- If you really want to know how to plant grass than you should know that spreading seeds evenly from your hand in small areas will help you get your perfect lawn. If you’re having a larger area than you can use a lawn spreader. The perfect number of seeds is 16 per square inch.
- The fourth tip is to cover the seeds with a bed of no more than ¼ inch of soil. Then the next step is to cover the bed with Greenview Grass Seed Accelerator to stabilize the seeds and keep them moist.
- You will have to keep the bed for grass seeds moist to determinate their germination. Don’t over-water, just water the soil once per day until the grass is two inches high. After that, you will have to water you lawn regularly to keep the grass roots moist.
After reading this article I’m sure that will know how to plant grass and this job will seem very easy for you. Anyway, the best time for planting grass is in the spring and fall, so try it and you will have great results.
Once your lawn is all grown up, you should start looking for the best electric lawn mowers. We recommend electric mowers, because they require less maintenance than the gas powered ones, they are quieter and cheaper to operate. Moreover, if you have a small or a medium sized lawn, there really is no reason to invest in a gas powered lawn mower. If you find that mowing the lawn takes too much time, and you don’t find it to be an enjoyable activity, you should buy one of the best robot lawn mowers.
Modern robotic mowers are highly efficient. They work great on leveled terrain and they can even navigate narrow pathways. The best robot lawn mowers can even detect rain and automatically return to their station if it starts raining. They also return to their charging station if they run out of battery power and resume the mowing once they are fully charged. As you can see, with modern gardening equipment growing a lawn and caring for is not that hard.