Goku is one of the most popular anime characters in the world, with appearances in the anime series Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball Z Kai, written by Akira Toriyama. He is trained in martial arts and possesses incredible strength that he uses in his quest to find the seven Dragon Balls. This article teaches you how to draw Goku in 7 easy steps.
- First we will show you how to draw Goku shaped head. Use a pencil for the sketch and don’t press down too hard so you can easily erase any mistakes. Draw a small circle in the middle of the page so you have room to add the hair. Under the circle draw a V-shaped line with a round bottom for the jaw and chin. Below it draw two vertical lines for the neck with smaller lines on each side of them facing outwards.
- Split the head in half with a vertical line. Add two lines on the axis of the V shape below the circle so it splits it in 3 equal parts. On the bottom of the circle sketch two triangles, at equal distance from the axis. On each side of the head draw relatively big C shaped ears, starting from where the circle meets the V shape.
- Press harder with the pencil and thicken the triangle shaped eyes. Place a half darkened circle below the superior line for the pupils and add some expression lines under the eyes. Above the triangles draw thinner scalene triangles that share the bottom line with the eyes. Connect them with a line between the eyes for a determined look.
- Above the first small line from the V shape draw an upside-down kite nose and shade it’s left side. Between the first and the second small lines draw a rounded rectangle for the mouth with two lines on the sides for the teeth.
- Round the neck-lines and thicken them. Add 2 inward lines below the jaw for a more realistic neck. Round the years and add inside lines.
- Draw bangs over Goku’s forehead shaped like rounded V’s, with two small ones on the sides near the years and two big ones above the eyes. On the exterior left side of the head add three large V shapes, with the first one above the axis and one smaller V with the last line where the ear ends. On the right side draw three smaller spikes and connect them to the left spikes with a curves line.
- Finish your Goku by erasing all unnecessary sketch lines. Draw with a marker over the other lines and color the rest of the drawing. Make the hair and eyebrows black and the skin a yellow-orange color. You Goku is ready to find the Dragon Balls! A true fan Dragon Ball must know how to draw Goku!